Chemical Plant Demolition
SEMS was contracted by Chemtrade Logistics to demolish a chemical plant in Nicholson, Mississippi. This plant formerly produced water treatment chemicals used in the flocculation process. The project lasted 4 weeks with no accidents or safety issues.
- Dismantlement of the Chemical Plant building structure (~26,000 ft2)
- Removal of 13 stainless steel mixing/storage vessels
- Demolition of an ancillary office building
- Demolition of a truck scale and railcar
- Site restoration
- Removal and disposal of residual product left in many of the mixing vessels (hazardous waste – corrosive & radioactive)