SEMS was contracted to close cells 4 and 5 of its permitted solid waste landfill and an Emergency Spill Basin impoundment. The project included closing of approximately 21 acres of landfill.
- Grading and shaping of approximately 250,000 cubic yards of waste ash
- Installation of 60,000 cubic yards of re-compacted low permeable earthen clay liner
- Constructing a 1.5-foot compacted clay barrier layer
- Construction of surface water drainage controls
- Installation of 21 acres of 40 mil LLDPE geomembrane and geocomposite drainage system
- Establishment of a vegetative cover using hydroseed
- Placement of 38,000 cubic yards of topsoil placement